Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Rovertech long term members 
 Post subject: Re: Rovertech long term members
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:34 pm 
RT GOD

Marty wrote:
_vitesse_ wrote:
Something needs organising in 2018
Have enough trouble getting people to post let alone a meet of any sort [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Trouble is, all the new young ones have gone over to social media, Facebook etc.

Profile Feedback  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:38 pm 
RT BiKiloPoster

xr4x4 wrote:
Marty wrote:
_vitesse_ wrote:
Something needs organising in 2018
Have enough trouble getting people to post let alone a meet of any sort [emoji38]

Trouble is, all the new young ones have gone over to social media, Facebook etc.

Social media. Much going on in the rover scene? wedges, 600s, 800s?

Click Here ->MY 600Ti
Click Here ->Rover 820 Vitesse

Profile Feedback  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:59 pm 
RT GOD

David-Ti wrote:

Social media. Much going on in the rover scene? wedges, 600s, 800s?

Yes, there is but sadly it is fragmented and widely spread now. Not all on one site. Off the top I recall a few ...

Rover 600 Appreciation Society

MG Rover T16 Owners

MG ZT and ZT-T Owners

Just MG-Rs .... and no doubt many others.

B>>M>>W ....

Arrrrrggghhhhh.........Image......Arrrrrggghhhhh.........

Profile Feedback  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:27 pm 
Bronze Trader

Bronze Trader

You can't pilot a ship without a captain !!!

John (admin) has vanished and at present Rovertech is adrift and dead in the water simple as that I personally think it will just fade into the background and will never be what it was times have changed for Rovertech as well as all forums.

No point promoting Rovertech or anything as the forum can't be updated , pushed forward or anything done without admin

Profile Feedback  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:58 pm 
Rovertech User Admin

Rovertech User Admin
Rovertech Moderator
Silver Trader

Enniskillen, County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland
TBH when the idea was floated for a meet at POL 2018, only one member came forward to help, despite a fair few seeing the post.

As long as the hosting is paid up and the information remains, the forum still has a purpose. It is still rather busy with lurkers to be fair.

Profile Feedback  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:22 pm 
RT BiKiloPoster

Is it too late to get something organised for POL next year? Id be willing to help out where i can if it means we can get a stand together :thumbup:

94 D16 Coupe Turbo- Rotten
'96 D16 Coupe - Sold! '91 216 GTi Twin Cam - Sold!
'93 D16 Coupe - current

Profile Feedback  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:38 pm 
Bronze Trader

Bronze Trader

It's to late Baz it's been left to long.

It will now simply be a resource for as long as it's online and that's it.

So what happens when hosting ECT runs out that will be that Rovertech gone as no one has access to the SQL dump except admin so not like you could take over domain and transfer everything over it will be game over.

Profile Feedback  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:53 am 
Rovertech User Admin

Rovertech User Admin
Rovertech Moderator
Silver Trader

Enniskillen, County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland
It is even more complicated than that according to Jon, the reason he held back updating the forum to the latest software was due to the 'custom' bits he had done, so even if we got control, updating would be a nightmare.

Profile Feedback  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:42 am 
Bronze Trader

Bronze Trader

I'll never forget one PM he sent me it's a good job he was hiding behind a computer screen as there quite a few on here who know me and have met me and he would of got a slap and a half for it in actual fact I think face to face he would not have had the balls to say it.

I put him onto a mate who at the time had an engineering shop and him and his dad had owned it for 50 years his dad being the longest owner he wanted a bore and the ring gaps done. John then kicked of saying they had done it wrong and caused me some agro with the chap I had been using for a very long time.

Bear in mind the chaps there had been doing all the machining ECT on my race engines as well as many others that would spend there life from the off revving between 3500rpm and 8500rpm they had a very hard life and guess what no issues!!!!

If he reads this the ban hammer will probably come out for me but to be honest I could not give a hoot I've forgotten more then he knows about cars.

It would be easy to update and hardly rocket science yes it would take some time for someone who is actually dedicated but doable.

Profile Feedback  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:56 am 
Bronze Trader

Bronze Trader

Another thing i was one of the first on here to do gearbox rebuilds for members a d was also selling steel caged bearings to people as a kit with seals ECT I got moaned at for it because at the time I was not a trader on here but I had been doing it long before all that come in so I stopped supplying bearing kits and next thing you know John is selling bearing kits at more money then I was selling them for [emoji38]

It's a shame as there is still a few good ones left here but there is also far far more good ones who have left never to be seen again then what is left today.

I personally think if there had been a different Admin going back then Rovertech would be a different place to what it is today and that's as quiet as a morg.

I tried to find the PM he sent me but it's gone from the box as I would of posted it but at the end of the PM he goes

"and that is how you belittle someone"

I was absolutly foooooking raging that some turd hiding behind a computer giving it the large one I have slapped the crap outnof people for less and he really wound me up big time of you remember I vanished for a long time it was then but I'll never forget it and hopefully one day I'll cross paths with him and I'll ask him you got anything to say about that PM you sent me !!! As it still foooks me right off to this day.

He probably has a mod running on the board to be able to see private messages that people send hahaha

Profile Feedback  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:20 pm 
Rovertech Kiloposter

I had no idea all this has been going on, sorry to see so much bad feeling.

Maybe it is just a matter of time, I hope not, this is a little bit of Rover history here. I hope whoever is in a position to allow a transfer of power if you like, will allow it to evolve and develop with the cars and users.

I will still organise something if I can, if people want to go or not it is no problem I will be going on track anyway and with plenty of notice maybe a few others can make it too.

Profile Feedback  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:51 pm 
RT GOD

_vitesse_ wrote:
I had no idea all this has been going on, sorry to see so much bad feeling.

Maybe it is just a matter of time, I hope not, this is a little bit of Rover history here. I hope whoever is in a position to allow a transfer of power if you like, will allow it to evolve and develop with the cars and users.

I will still organise something if I can, if people want to go or not it is no problem I will be going on track anyway and with plenty of notice maybe a few others can make it too.

Yes, please post up track day details in good time. Love to attend some and see what ordinary folks can do with their cars.

B>>M>>W ....

Profile Feedback  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:44 am 
Rovertech Kiloposter

I will make a provisional post and add dates and details in the new year once the calendars are released.
It wont be so much a Rovertech promotion or discounted, it will be hopefully a few nice Rovers from Rovertech on track, loads of track action, video and pictures.
Track days are not cheap and it will be at Brands Hatch so wont be easy for a lot of owners.

Profile Feedback  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:01 pm 
Bronze Trader

Bronze Trader

Just started a group on Facebook most the old school members are on there it's not searchable you have to be added if you want to join feel free to message me on my Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/marty.hall.3701

Or find someone on your contacts who already on it and we can add you

Profile Feedback  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:29 am 
RT GOD

Good move on the Facebook group Marty, bringing back some really fond memories of good days :drive:

Profile Feedback  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:05 pm 
RT GOD

Bjorn wrote:
Good move on the Facebook group Marty, bringing back some really fond memories of good days :drive:

What a coincidence!!

Was talking about you in a seperate thread - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=152256

Your input would be welcome :D

Profile Feedback  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:59 am 
Bronze Trader

Bronze Trader

Bjorn wrote:
No problems I'm surprised at the amount of old names who have popped up on there and so many good memories being 're lived

Good to see you on there as well the founder of RT

Profile Feedback  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:37 am 
RT GOD

Hi everyone.

Hope everyone is well. It’s been a while since I’ve posted here. I remember it being such a busy and lively place. Shame that’s no longer the case. :(
What does the future hold for Rovertech?

Profile Feedback  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:52 pm 
Rovertech Kiloposter

..ive not been posting for a while due to health but im back again and the boost bus is having lots done at the min in the background. massive massive update soon.. but when i first came here i had a few doubters with my project but i ploughed on and got there. met a lot of decent people on here and a couple of money grabbing fools that have lost the love i was once shown for rover.. i dont doo facebook and dont sighn up to anything with my partners fb because a certain 2 well known traders are on literally all of the pages on fb buying everything up im sorry if i offend anyone but tuff :P no matter how many times i ask for a part or a loom ect i get ignored or talked down to about my car not being what im saying it is.. they have a huge stock of parts and that really pees me off.. they got some sort of problem with me... well unlucky ive done fine without them.. its not just me seen it with loads of other people. if they dont like you your not getting nothing.. its sad.. one day i might get the chance to meet them and they can explain why they think they are so much better than me and other people. i will take great pleasure in showing them how i really feel.. social media has really not helped rovertech at all

also just want to say a thank you to drew as hes been an absolute legend to me on this forum since i joined and really has gone the xtra mile out of his way to help me out over the years

marty
if i can sighn up in my missis account can you pm me

Profile Feedback  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:03 am 
Bronze Trader

Bronze Trader

tomcat espace wrote:
..ive not been posting for a while due to health but im back again and the boost bus is having lots done at the min in the background. massive massive update soon.. but when i first came here i had a few doubters with my project but i ploughed on and got there. met a lot of decent people on here and a couple of money grabbing fools that have lost the love i was once shown for rover.. i dont doo facebook and dont sighn up to anything with my partners fb because a certain 2 well known traders are on literally all of the pages on fb buying everything up im sorry if i offend anyone but tuff [emoji14] no matter how many times i ask for a part or a loom ect i get ignored or talked down to about my car not being what im saying it is.. they have a huge stock of parts and that really pees me off.. they got some sort of problem with me... well unlucky ive done fine without them.. its not just me seen it with loads of other people. if they dont like you your not getting nothing.. its sad.. one day i might get the chance to meet them and they can explain why they think they are so much better than me and other people. i will take great pleasure in showing them how i really feel.. social media has really not helped rovertech at all

also just want to say a thank you to drew as hes been an absolute legend to me on this forum since i joined and really has gone the xtra mile out of his way to help me out over the years

marty
if i can sighn up in my missis account can you pm me
You have PM :)

Profile Feedback  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:39 am 
RT GOD

Am I alone in finding tomcat espace's post a tad puzzling?

It's very lonely being alone ... :)

I'm on most MG and Rover enthusiasts' sites including FB and have found quite the opposite.

Facebook has limitations mostly as its used by those with little hand held devices such as phones which do not encourage comprehensive postings, mainly limited one or two liners.

A proper keyboard such as on a LapTop does encourage more informative postings.

B>>M>>W ....

Profile Feedback  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:59 pm 
Rovertech Kiloposter

MGJohn wrote:
Am I alone in finding tomcat espace's post a tad puzzling?

It's very lonely being alone ... :)

I'm on most MG and Rover enthusiasts' sites including FB and have found quite the opposite.

Facebook has limitations mostly as its used by those with little hand held devices such as phones which do not encourage comprehensive postings, mainly limited one or two liners.

A proper keyboard such as on a LapTop does encourage more informative postings.

sorry you feel alone there john :( ..ive not posted for a while and martys rant above got me going. its been hard at times when certain people make things deliberatly difficult just because they can and i find social media is very bad for it. if i hit a sore point its tough. rovertech has a few good people left that are not in it for just money but the love of rover and the fact every ones on about rover tech dissapearing i just thought ide get it off my chest..they no who they are :violin:

Profile Feedback  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:39 pm 
RT GOD

Hey Tomcat, I get what you are saying actually. Anything good is quickly snapped up and disappears to private "collectors" stash pile :lol:

I guess thats the way it goes sometimes, good luck to you :thumbup:

Profile Feedback  

Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4