Forum rules

Can't post in this section? Please read our rules

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Decent ZR Or ZS Turbo For My MR2 Turbo 
 Post subject: Decent ZR Or ZS Turbo For My MR2 Turbo
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:45 pm 
RT BiKiloPoster

Just putting the feelers out for this:

Im after a decent zr turbo (will take a zs turbo if it has a 180 kit on it) which has had a GOOD conversion and running well.

What im offering is my MR2 Turbo in black. It is a Rev 2 on a L Plate and is in great condition.
As far as I can see there has never been any welding carried out and this is confirmed by previous MOT`s on the VOSA site. Its also got no rust though I can see a very slight bubbling on one arch. Its only just started and I only noticed it when I had it detailed.
The sills (a common area on these) are completely solid as well as the floor.
Its running standard power with everything standard apart from a "longlife" stainless exhaust which isn't too loud but just right.
Turbo boosts lovely with a nice kick in the back.
Its a T Bar and ive had it in the jetwash and didn't notice any leaks. I haven't drove it in a downpour as I don't like driving it unless its a nice day!
It has standard alloys with nearly new tyres all round which are black in colour so suit the car. It also has clear indicators which helps the look. It also looks lowered but feels nice to drive, not to bumpy, and doesn't suffer on speed bumps.
The car has been very well looked after.
Ive recently serviced her.
Ive put a nice set of full leather seats that have been treated and look nice. Slight rip in bolster but this should be sorted as only needs resewing back.
Its got a pioneer dvd head unit as well with components in the front and 6x9s in boxes behind the seats. I found a sub to be too much bass for the smaller 2 seater cabin.
Its running 0.9bar so goes well.
It will have a full 12 months MOT tomorrow as its going in for a retest. It only failed 3 days ago on 1 x £12.95 balljoint! No advisories either.
The tester commented on how original and solid it was for 21 years old.

A quick pic:

Its also been upgraded with the later rev 3 rear lights (rounder ones - not the square older ones).

What have u got?

Profile Feedback  

Post subject: Re: Decent ZR Or ZS Turbo For My MR2 Turbo
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:56 am 
RT BiKiloPoster

Update:

Now MOT`d until 8th March 2015. Tax runs out end of this month but can tax at buyers expense.
Mileage is 122K. I have certificate for the Cat1 Clifford Viper on it (it has a pager system on it too).

I value it at approx £2000 due to the condition of it.

I also have the standard rev 2 rear lights and panel if this is needed for the new owner.

Im not even sure I want to get rid of it but thought Id see if anyone was interested.

BTW - Its the T Bar model too so roof comes off and I have a spare set of Roof glasses and also the rare sunscreens to put back in when the roof is on.

Profile Feedback  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:27 pm 
RT BiKiloPoster

A good MR2 turbo, would be surely hard to beat unless you need more space. Being a MR layout they can put down 300bhp+ so easily compared to a ZR turbo or similar. I remember Mark Coupe saying that the MR2 turbo was the only car that was faster than his old MG Maestro turbo once rolling, and almost as awesome too!

There's very few car's I'd have instead of a Rover coupe, I just like the shape of them. But things I could put up with if I was banned from Tomcats, would be: Hyundai Coupe F2 Evo, Mazda MX6 or Celica mk5. I like to choose my car's on looks and shape!

Only things I could drop a Tomcat turbo for like a hot potato would be a Mint MG tickford 505, or a Lancia Integrale 16V. Nothing else matters!

Profile Feedback  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:45 pm 
RT BiKiloPoster

I have 3 kids.
its a 2 seater car.

think the above says it all :(

Profile Feedback  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:09 pm 
RT BiKiloPoster

Bumping this.

Mr2 has had new rocker gasket and seals. Also now has evo recaros.

Been running this all summer and it's been great. Got caught in a thunderstorm and didn't leak at all.

Still looking for the above

Profile Feedback  

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]