Index     FAQ      Search

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 P1222 (Negative Deviation in the Synchronization Controller) 
 Post subject: P1222 (Negative Deviation in the Synchronization Controller)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:08 am 
Newborn - handle with care

Today I called my car rover 45 series L to the diagnostic machine... Some doubts have arisen...

My mechanic says that the lack of power of the car is due to the MAF ... but not sure

FAULT CODES:

1 - MAF (Changed values)

2 - SENSOR INTAKE AIR (REFERENCE ABOVE / HIGH VALUE)

3 - DTC P1222 (Negative Deviation in the Synchronization Controller)??? WHAT?? WHAT IS THIS?! :s :(

I read somewhere an article on www.roverdiesel.co.uk

(...) Timing Solenoid replacement

Parent Category: Maintenance
Published on Saturday, 02 April 2011 15:24
Written by Mad
I thought I would put this guide together for people thinking about doing this.
First syptoms of solenoid failure is "Tractor Syndrome" experience, were the car is very noisy and a tappety noise from the engine can be heard. When the diagnostic equipment is applied, the fault codes p1222 or p0216 (...)

Could it even be the solenoid timing of the injection pump and why the car does not exceed 160km / H 3500rpm?

thank you

greetings

Rudy

Post subject: Re: P1222 (Negative Deviation in the Synchronization Control
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:26 pm 
Silver Trader

Silver Trader

Evening,

If you've got the P1222 code stored, then at some point in the past the timing control system on the pump hasn't been able to do it's job properly. IME this will remain set until cleared so presence of the code can point to a faulty system in the past even if its been repaired.

The usual culprit is the timing solenoid, failure isn't the end of the world - failure can be intermittent but is normally quite obvious as the engine will take on a distinctive tractor tone (worse than normal, you will not be in doubt if you hear it).

This can cause limp mode, which will limit you to approximately the rpm you mention.

MAF sensor can cause performance loss and even the rpm limit as well, so you do have to find out whether your problems are either or both. MAF sensor failure is very common so I wouldn't be surprised one bit if its giving weak readings or failed outright.

You can log both air intake and mass airflow readings to check, but thats a job for the diag machine operator!

A simpler test is to unplug the maf sensor and see if performance improves (if it does the maf sensor is definitely kaput) though the accuracy of this test can be obscured by other faults (like the timing solenoid) and the nature of its failure.

Producing the highest power diesel rovers you're likely to see :D

Profile Feedback  

Post subject: Re: P1222 (Negative Deviation in the Synchronization Control
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:07 pm 
Gold Trader

Gold Trader

You need to clear the codes and drive the car, then read the codes and see what comes back.
You might be looking at codes that have been there for years.
Also really you need to look at live data and see it anything looks out of wack, like temperature sensors that say -40 degrees or +200.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]