Index     FAQ      Search

It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:35 am




Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Steel Caged PG1 Gearbox Bearings and Seals 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Steel Caged PG1 Gearbox Bearings and Seals
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:57 pm 
Newbie


Joined:
Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:48 pm
Posts:
13
Location:
Lifes highway
Does anyone know where I can get a steel caged 4/MJ28 from for a NASP gearbox ?

Or is the NASP kit still available ?

_________________
1993 220 NASP Coupe


Offline
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steel Caged PG1 Gearbox Bearings and Seals
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:54 pm 
RT GOD

User avatar

Joined:
Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:29 pm
Posts:
4208
Location:
Glorious, Gloucestershire
rednasp wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get a steel caged 4/MJ28 from for a NASP gearbox ?

Or is the NASP kit still available ?


If that is the Input Shaft Bearing in the centre of the PG1 Gearbox Bell Housing I can supply a new one of those if you get stuck locally.

Premium quality steel caged.

_________________
Apparently ... in a parallel universe MGJohn drives ....wait for it..... A ..

B>>M>>W ....

Arrrrrggghhhhh.........Image......Arrrrrggghhhhh.........


Offline
  Profile Feedback  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steel Caged PG1 Gearbox Bearings and Seals
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:08 pm 
Newbie


Joined:
Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:48 pm
Posts:
13
Location:
Lifes highway
MGJohn wrote:
rednasp wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get a steel caged 4/MJ28 from for a NASP gearbox ?

Or is the NASP kit still available ?


If that is the Input Shaft Bearing in the centre of the PG1 Gearbox Bell Housing I can supply a new one of those if you get stuck locally.

Premium quality steel caged.


PM Sent.

_________________
1993 220 NASP Coupe


Offline
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steel Caged PG1 Gearbox Bearings and Seals
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:31 pm 
Newbie


Joined:
Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:11 pm
Posts:
6
After a steel cage u spec 3/LJ28 and a RJ2024, anyone able to help messaged op but no reply.


Offline
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steel Caged PG1 Gearbox Bearings and Seals
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:17 pm 
RT GOD

User avatar

Joined:
Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:29 pm
Posts:
4208
Location:
Glorious, Gloucestershire
galleyzs21 wrote:
After a steel cage u spec 3/LJ28 and a RJ2024, anyone able to help messaged op but no reply.


I have a few steel caged premium grade PG1 Bearings new in their boxes. These include actual MG-Rover ones too. some are quite expensive and far from easy to obtain now.

Refresh my memory. Which bearings are they. Positions in PG1 Box etc. I may be able to help.

John.... Gotta keep these fine old cars moving ... :drive:

_________________
Apparently ... in a parallel universe MGJohn drives ....wait for it..... A ..

B>>M>>W ....

Arrrrrggghhhhh.........Image......Arrrrrggghhhhh.........


Offline
  Profile Feedback  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steel Caged PG1 Gearbox Bearings and Seals
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:06 am 
Forum Senior

User avatar

Joined:
Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:24 pm
Posts:
364
Location:
Solihull
galleyzs21 wrote:
After a steel cage u spec 3/LJ28 and a RJ2024, anyone able to help messaged op but no reply.


https://www.123bearing.co.uk

http://www.brt-bearings.com/location_redditch.html

2 places i got mine from

cheers
P.


Offline
  Profile Feedback  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steel Caged PG1 Gearbox Bearings and Seals
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:18 am 
Newbie


Joined:
Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:11 pm
Posts:
6
MGJohn wrote:
galleyzs21 wrote:
After a steel cage u spec 3/LJ28 and a RJ2024, anyone able to help messaged op but no reply.


I have a few steel caged premium grade PG1 Bearings new in their boxes. These include actual MG-Rover ones too. some are quite expensive and far from easy to obtain now.

Refresh my memory. Which bearings are they. Positions in PG1 Box etc. I may be able to help.

John.... Gotta keep these fine old cars moving ... :drive:


The lower (bell housing) main shaft RJ2024
The upper input shaft still cage 3/LJ28

Missing and input shaft and gear selector seal if you happen to have them to.


Offline
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steel Caged PG1 Gearbox Bearings and Seals
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:45 pm 
RT GOD

User avatar

Joined:
Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:29 pm
Posts:
4208
Location:
Glorious, Gloucestershire
Just checked my store of new PG1 Bearings and I have a spare "UPRATE". This fits on top of the Input Shaft and locates in the upper PG1 casing ( not bellhousing )

There are two sizes of this bearing fitted into PG1s, the larger "UPRATE" version usually fitted to the Gearbox in the Rover Turbo Petrols to cater for the power increase. This image shows my spare steel caged one. Let me know if this is one of those you need. I thought I had the smaller Input Shaft Bearing which fits into the lower case ( bellhousing ) but, used my last a few weeks ago with another rebuild. This thread has reminded me to get some more of those. This one I can offer :~

Image

_________________
Apparently ... in a parallel universe MGJohn drives ....wait for it..... A ..

B>>M>>W ....

Arrrrrggghhhhh.........Image......Arrrrrggghhhhh.........


Offline
  Profile Feedback  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steel Caged PG1 Gearbox Bearings and Seals
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:31 pm 
Newbie


Joined:
Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:11 pm
Posts:
6
MGJohn wrote:
Just checked my store of new PG1 Bearings and I have a spare "UPRATE". This fits on top of the Input Shaft and locates in the upper PG1 casing ( not bellhousing )

There are two sizes of this bearing fitted into PG1s, the larger "UPRATE" version usually fitted to the Gearbox in the Rover Turbo Petrols to cater for the power increase. This image shows my spare steel caged one. Let me know if this is one of those you need. I thought I had the smaller Input Shaft Bearing which fits into the lower case ( bellhousing ) but, used my last a few weeks ago with another rebuild. This thread has reminded me to get some more of those. This one I can offer :~

Image


Pm'd you, looks like what I need.


Offline
  Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4


 Who is online 

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

 
Index  |  FAQ  |  Search

Content © Rovertech - Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group